Friday, January 31, 2014

The Lord is gracious

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Peter 2:1-3 ... Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

I've certainly found the Lord to be gracious.  The word (the Lord) is helpful, comforting, instructive.  I have not found the Word to be harsh, demanding, threatening.  I just know when God is speaking to me, it is the right way to go, it is the secure way to go.

Even when the Word might seem "hard", I know it is the best way for me to go.

I have "tasted" that the Lord (the Word) is gracious.

gracious:  courteous, kind, pleasant, elegant, tasteful

God has never threatened me.  God has never said to me:  "You're going to go to hell if you do this."  God has ordained somethings for me that I would not have chosen for myself and God gently worked everything in my life so I would end up doing what he ordained rather than doing my own preference.  Now looking back on it I see clearly that HIS way was far better than the way I wanted to go.


I delight in the word I hear from God.  I'm grateful God spoke to me.

If you are threatened by a thought which seems to be from God, you might want to check that out.  It might be another spirit.

Concerning divorced women who want to remarry and see the scriptures saying they will commit adultery to do so, even this word is gracious to them.  If they choose not to remarry after divorce, no telling what they will be spared in the flesh.  I don't see that as a threatening word.  I see it as their flesh being spared.

(Please read:  Divorce/Remarriage ... What the Bible teaches.)


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.   Psa. 119:105

I have found great deliverance by following words such as ...

I Tim. 6 ... But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.


When I evaluate my life by:  Do I have food?  Do I have raiment?  ... I am greatly freed from trying to get more money stored up.  I'm also freed to spend some money without fear.

The following scripture is a great light, freeing me from my own flesh and from the way of man in pursuits on this earth:

Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant (a servant to God), and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.


I no longer have to beat other people, or compete in any way with other people.  I can just focus on doing that which is right in the sight of God that day and doing what God wants me to do that day, and everything will work as it is supposed to work in my life.  This is completely opposite to the way of the flesh and the way of this world.  But it definitely works!

Doing the following instruction causes me to put my trust in God and not have to trust in my own wisdom.  And by doing this I also have a guarantee I will be led by God.

Prov. 3:5-7 ... Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. 7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. 

I don't have to depend on myself.  I can depend on God.

All these words are very freeing.  They will never fail me.  They are gracious.