Sunday, January 26, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 16:11 ... Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Before God revealed Himself to me, I would have said I was a Christian because I had gone forward at a church group and was baptised in water.  But I did that on my own because I didn't want to go to hell and I thought that was the way to keep from going to hell.  But my life didn't change.  I continued to "be wise in my own eyes" by my own thoughts.  I never thought of what God wanted.  I never asked God what HE wanted.  That was between the years of 15 and 37.

When I was 37, God revealed Himself to me and I was changed immediately.  After that I thought about God.  I read the Bible.  I wanted to know the way of God.

The path of life is totally different from the path of the world.

John said:  And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 20And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 21Little children, keep yourselves from idols. I Jn. 5

The Holy Spirit now dwells in us to lead us in the way of God concerning specific issues of this life.  The "path of life" in the matter at hand is that which the Holy Spirit calls to your mind.  Going that way is life.

Two very strong ways of the world are to get ahead and to become rich.

The ways of God are exactly opposite.

Phil. 2 ...  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant (a servant to God), and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

I Tim. 1 ... But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

God has given me multiple dreams about one woman here.  In each dream, God has shown me a downward progression in her life.  She is not getting better but worse.  She is going in the way that seems right in her own eyes.  She is working to have a big reputation in the sight of other humans.  Yet everything is getting worse, not better for her.  In one dream, she was coming down the hallway toward me.  She was very fat and like a dwarf.  She could hardly walk.  She was holding on to a hand rail attached to the wall to help her walk.

The way of the world is death ... The ideas that are important to the world are death.  If we follow that which is wise to other humans, we go in a way of destruction.  The way of life, the way of God is opposite.  And it is the Spirit of God in us who shows us the way of life.  We cling to that word.