Thursday, July 5, 2012

Power of meditating in scripture

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When we meditate in the Word of God, we end up having the power needed to do the word of God.  And when we do this, all that we do will prosper (turn out well).  Psa. 1

Here are three examples of meditating in the word of God:

Meditation example #1:

I Thess. 4 ... And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 12That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing. 


We who belong to God are to walk honestly ...


Some of the meanings of the word "honest" are:


- truthful
- fair
- honorable 
- in a way which is a respectful way
- a way of esteem
- as a person who brings credit to profession
- adherence to that which is right





Meditation example #2:

Psa. 97:10 ... Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Wicked means One who causes or is likely to cause harm, distress, trouble

I thought of numerous people God has removed from me.  These are people who grieved my soul, people who said things which troubled me without cause.  I thanked God for delivering me from them.



Meditation example #3:

I Cor. 15:58 ... be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

First ... I must establish if that which I am doing is a labor of God.  Did God tell me to do this.  Then if I am sure what I am doing is of God, I can use the above scripture to strengthen me and help me continue in the work.

unmovable:

- not affected by emotion or excitement
- not affected by "feeling"

We cannot allow the way we feel to change the plan.  Feeling is an emotion of the flesh.  We cannot allow ourselves to be ruled by our flesh.

Paul said ...But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. I Cor. 9:27

So after we establish that the way is the way God wants us to go, we strengthen ourselves to continue going in that work by focusing on the portions of the Word of God brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit.  We keep those things in front of us day and night so we will not turn aside from the way.

We must not be led by emotion or feelings.

The labor we do under the instruction of God will not be in vain.  The works of our flesh will be vain, fruitless, foolish, wasteful.

labor: effort:  endure pain, anguish, suffering

not in vain:  It will produce a result.  It will be fruitful.  It will do that which God intends it to do.  Sometimes it will be used to bring condemnation to those who will not do the word of God.  Sometimes it will bring salvation and turn them if God wills.  But it will produce an effect one way or another.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  Isaiah 55

Several years ago, I visited a Sunday school class at a church and the pastor read the following:  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.  Heb. 11

The the pastor asked, "Did Noah condemn the world."

I spoke:  "Yes ... he did condemn the world ... For in the day of judgment God will use Noah as an example and God will say, "Noah did what I told him ..."  and this will be enough to condemn the world.

We who do the scriptures will end up being condemnation for those who set aside scripture for God will say to the condemned, "You have no excuse for she did the scripture."  So we end up condemning the others by our obedience to the word of God.

The people in the church class were shocked and the pastor indicated to me that he would rather I not come back to their church again.  But I know what I spoke was truth from the Spirit of God.  This was apparent a church group that had another doctrine.