Friday, July 13, 2012

Waiting on God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. 4Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. 5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.  Psa. 25

When I closed my business in 1977,  persuaded that I was to be a minister full-time, I had no where to go.  No church hired me.  I didn't try to get a "position" with a church.  I just moved home and waited on God to show me what I was supposed to do.  I waited from July 31, 1977 to January 10, 1978.  The night of January 10, 1978, God gave me 3 words in the night (spoken by an angel of God) ... "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" this put me on radio within a week.  I felt the "Hartford/Seattle" was showing that I would be on radio coast to coast in USA which I was withing a little over a year.

In 2011, I quit duplicate bridge and left the Bridge Center.  I set aside all activities that would bring me any form of personal achievement based on receiving the following scripture:  God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Gal. 6.  I knew there was no secular activity for me.  I just stayed home and "waited".  I waited from August 2011 until late March 2012.  The last week in March, 2012, God directed my attention to internet and we began the writings on internet on March 31, 2012.

Sometimes there are seasons of "waiting".

We just wait patiently until God shows us something, then we get up and do what we have been shown.

There are seasons of "running" and seasons of "walking" (less activity).

They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Some try to go out and do works before God shows them to do those works.  I would never have expected to be on radio.  I even told God the following:  "Radio? ... I'm not a speaker.  I'm a writer."  But God put me on radio.

And I had no idea we would be on internet the way we are today.


Here is a good example for us:

And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning. 16So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night. 17And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents. 18At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents. 19And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the LORD, and journeyed not.  

And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed. 21And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.  22Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed. 23At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed:  Numbers 9

A cloud is symbolic of not having clear vision.  When the cloud is taken up, the sight is clear.

Don't try to make something happen!

Wait for the cloud to be taken up and then go.