Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where is the house of God today?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the Old Testament, Solomon built a house of the Lord.  And we read the following ...

And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD. I Kings 8

But in the New Testament we read the following about the "house" of the Lord ...

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, I Cor. 6:19

Today, in the New Testament church, God dwells in our body by His Spirit.  Our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost.  Individually, the Spirit of God dwells in each of us who belong to God.

A building made by humans hands is not "sacred" today.  That building you can see with your natural eye is not the "temple" of God.

We who belong to God are the temple of God.

I attended a luncheon several years ago.  A woman seated next to me kept speaking with reverence and awe concerning the Methodist Church building.  Finally, I said, "We are the church."  She was shocked and angry.  She replied,  "I'm not a church."  (That is probably true.  She probably was not the church.  But I am the church and so are you if you have the Spirit of God in you.)

We do not look upon a building in reverence and awe today.  The Holy Spirit dwells in our body.

Before I was born again, one of my roommates got cancer.  I went to a church chapel to pray for her.  I didn't realize I could pray where I was.  Many today are like that.

Where is the house of God today?  It is in those who carry the Spirit of God.