Tuesday, July 3, 2012

When ministers want money from you...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul said ... For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:  Titus 1:10

I receive emails from "ministers" who are trying to deceive me.  We come across people who say they are Christians who try to deceive us or are vain talkers and would mislead us if God allowed it, but God doesn't allow it.

When a "minister" comes asking for money, that means that "minister" has gone off on his own works and is trying, by fleshly means, to get others to pay for his works or he doesn't understand turning to God for God's support and trusting God.

When God is behind the work, God provides.  It is not a matter of fleshly means of getting money such as asking other people to send money.  These fleshly "ministers" can only see other humans as the source of money.  But we who are of God know that all we have to do is to wait on God and if the work is of God then the money just comes in without our asking humans (other flesh) for money. 

---------------------

When I was persuaded I was to go into ministry full time and close my business to do this, I had no income.  All I had was the money that came from the sale of the merchandise from my business.  This was July 31, 1978.

I simply stayed in my apartment and read the Bible and did what I saw to do and paid my expenses from my personal saving from sale of the merchandise.  Then after doing what I saw to do, I returned to my apartment and read the Bible.  Then again when I would see something to do, I would do it.  Then I returned home and resumed reading Bible.

During this time, I "fasted" ... I felt strongly led by God to fast "TV" ...  I didn't watch any TV.  I didn't go to plays.  I didn't go to sporting events.  I just stayed home and read the Bible and did what I saw to do from the scriptures.

This "fast" continued from July 31, 1978, to January 10 of 1979.

The change came the night of January 10, 1979.  In the night while I was sleeping, I heard a voice like a trumpet saying to me, "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ...  I jumped out of bed.  The voice was so loud it startled me.

KWJS was obviously call letters to radio or TV station.  I looked it up and found it was radio station.  I said to God, "Are you telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do this."

I had gentle impression:  "Call radio station manager."

That morning, I called the radio station manager at KWJS.  I told him that I thought God might be telling me to go on radio.  I asked him how you do that.  He replied, "Make a tape recording 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasting we will offer you a contract."  I asked him how much it costs.  He replied, "$800 per month."

After I got off phone, I made recording and mailed it to the station manager.


Then I asked God how HE wanted me to pay for this.  Gentle impression:  "Just write to the people you know and tell them what happened."  (I knew fewer than 80 people at the time.)

I wrote and told what had happened.  I did not ask for money.

One man hand carried money to my apartment for broadcast.  Others gave me money when they saw me or sent me money.  Within a two or three day period I had more than enough to pay for the first month's broadcast.  But I never asked any human for money.  I simply told them what happened.

Within a week, I was on radio KWJS 5 days a week, 30 minutes per day.

When a work is authored by God, I've found I just do not have to ask humans to give me money to pay for that work.  If the work is of God, God makes way.

Paul said:  My God shall supply all your need... Phil. 4:19

For example:  In the 1980's I had dream in the night and heard these words:  "Gold is $906 an ounce."  (At that time gold was $288 an ounce.)

I felt God was telling me to buy gold coins.  I took excess money and bought gold coins.  I put these coins back and forgot about them.


Then in approximately 2008, Pam said to me, "Didn't God tell you something about gold?"  I replied, "Yes ... in a dream. Gold was $906 an ounce."  Pam replied, "It is more than that now."  I was shocked.  I always felt the $906 was the number where I should sell the coins.  So I sold the coins.  Then I had a word which caused me to think God was showing me to go on radio in Lubbock, Texas (USA).  I arranged for broadcasts and paid for the broadcasts over the next year with the money from the gold coins.  I did not ask for money from people listening to the radio broadcasts in Lubbock.

You might be able to pay for the work by begging people to give you money ... or by making people feel guilty so they send money ... but these are fleshly ways and not ways of God.

And often the works that ministers think are "good works" are authored by their own flesh and are from their own egos.

When the work is authored by God, I have found that God makes a way to do that work without my having to ask humans to pay for the work.

And in the New Testament I can think of no example where a minister asked people for money for his work.

 But so many "ministers" are of the flesh and not of the Spirit and their "good works" are of the flesh and not of the Spirit so they have to try to get "flesh" (other humans) to pay for their works.

Jesus said ...

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7

And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I
(Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.  Mt. 24

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18How that they told you there should be mockers
(those who copy real persons of God) in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.  Jude


The real ministers of God minister to the spirit... turning you to God ... turning you to scripture to get you to modify your ways on this earth ... always working to help you to see the way of God and encouraging you in the way of God.


The ministers of the flesh come wanting something from you ... in the "name" of Jesus ... for some "good" work.

Paul said ... But my God shall supply all your need  ... Phil. 4

But some "ministers" try to get you to supply all their need.  They speak of their need to you ... to get you to send money to them.  This way is not of God.  They are simply working on your flesh to get you to give to them.  They say:  "We are trying to build a building ... We are trying to care for orphans ... We need Bibles ..."  but always "they need you to give to them".  But when you are godly, it is God who supplies all your need ... They are ungodly in their fleshly approach.

Some even send pictures of the orphans to hook you to their flesh.  These are ministers of the flesh and not of the Spirit.

One minister asked me recently to send a picture of myself to him.  I replied, "I don't have a picture of me."  (what does a photo of me do to minister to the spirit ... nonsense ... this is just all flesh.)  Later I thought, "I could send 104 pictures of my cat."  This makes as much sense as sending a picture of me!  None of this is at all spiritual.  It is just flesh.

One email came from a "pastor"  ... "inviting" me to speak at a minister's conference in London.  Transportation, meals, hotel and a speaking fee would be paid to me.  I replied I did not want a fee to speak to the church.  But this was all a scam to get money.  What they were doing is offering a speaker's fee of $8500 but they said you would have to get a work permit from England so you were to send them approximately $499 for the work permit.  Then "they said" they would send you round trip air.  (after they received money from you for work permit)  I told them by email we had learned this was scam.  I heard no more from them.

I do not think we should be bitter over all these various deceptions by so-called "ministers" .

We who are of God, chosen by God, are grateful to God for HIS provision.  We are grateful HE chose us.  We didn't choose HIM.  He chose us.  And HE provides for us in all ways, spiritually and physically and HE will provide for us even unto death.  How can we not rejoice that we belong to HIM.

The others who depend on their own flesh and the flesh of other humans either do not belong to God or have just copied ungodly "ministers" rather than trusting in God.

We just rejoice that God is our God and we belong to HIM and our names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Some people are appointed to salvation ... some people are appointed to destruction as was Pharaoh.   

Romans 9.

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.   13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated... Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:  23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,   Romans 9

So rejoice if you are one of those appointed to salvation.


But beware of the deception and turn from it for deception is one of those things that will be rampant in the last days and many will come saying "Jesus is Lord" and they will deceive many in the name of Jesus.  Jesus said, "Let no man deceive you."  Mt. 24


One "pastor" told me "God" told him that I was to come help him.  He said to let him know when I arrive in his country ... 1/2 way across the world from where I live ... I am 74 years old ... 2 years ago, I had accident.  During surgery bone in leg shattered and left me partially crippled.  I have to use wheelchair in grocery store.  Sometimes it is so painful that I can barely walk in my own house from one room to another ... I explained to this "pastor" that I come to him and to others all over the world like Paul comes to us today ... I come to all daily by these daily exhortations.  And these are by the Spirit of God to help us, the church, daily.  And we are very grateful that we can do this, go all over the world today, without cost, for these internet writings are "free" to us and unlimited.  We can write as many pages as we want without cost.  And we go all over the world today without cost!  What a wonderful thing!
 

================================================================