Monday, July 2, 2012

In peace, without spot, blameless

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.  I Jn. 2

they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.  I Cor. 7:31

We are told in II Peter that we need to be diligent to be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Diligent would to be watchful at all times to keep us in these positions:  in peace, without spot, blameless ...

It is such a terrifying thing to me when I think I may have needlessly injured another person.  Recently I had the thought that I might have done that.  I quickly turned to God and asked HIM.  He caused me to reflect on the meaning of a word and by that I came to believe I had not been wrong in what I did.  But I was really frightened until I had this settled with God.

Also I would not want to "abuse this world" by owing that which I cannot pay.  For many years, God has taught me to live below my means.  Once I heard this:  "Choose less rather than more."

In the front of my Bible, I have definitions of "peace" where I can examine myself to see if I am living in "peace".

- free from agitation, anxiety, dread

Sometimes I find I do all that I can to bring peace in relationships just to have the hand I extend rejected and I can see nothing at all to do.  I grieve in such but I continually re-submit myself to God for HIS keeping.  That is all I know to do when this is situation.

And sometimes in midst of struggle, I find I just keep saying to God ... "Praise God ... Thank You for my salvation" ... "Praise God ... Thank You for my salvation" ... "Praise God ... Thank You for my salvation ..."  (over and over I say this sometimes when there is nothing else I can see to do in the midst of trouble.