Monday, July 30, 2012

Mindful of fulfilling scripture

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Even as Jesus was suffering on the cross, right up to the end, He was mindful of fulfilling scripture, fully completing the work He had been given ...

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. 29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. 30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Psalm 69:21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.



This reminded me that we are to be mindful of doing and completing each thing set before us and continuing in the ways of God ... running the race before us. Meditating on each word we’re given and keeping it before us, that we may do that word and allow it to fully work in our lives, fulfilling the will of God.  Not becoming weary or discouraged, but continuing until the end.

We also have the example of Paul who continued in faith until he finished his course ...

2 Timothy 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.