Monday, July 30, 2012

We who carry the word of God are a blessing to all

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

David was moving the ark of the covenant of God ...

And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.   7And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.  

Only those appointed by God could "touch" the ark of God.

And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzzah: and he called the name of the place Perezuzzah to this day.   9And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me? 10So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obededom the Gittite. 11And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obededom, and all his household. II Samuel 6

The ark of God contained the Word of God.

I thought about the way the household was blessed when the Word of God was in that household and also how all in that household were blessed.

I think it is symbolic of our households.  If one of us in the household is a carrier of the Word of God and we faithfully share that word and if we live that word, our household is blessed and all those in our household are blessed.

I have certainly seen this is my own life.  After I was born again, I spoke often of that which God had given me.  My dad once said, "Joan has gone overboard in this religion thing."  My mother, who was usually negative, replied, "No ... it's OK."  Later my dad was saved and believed in God and even tried to share God with his brother.

Once when I was visiting my mother after my dad died, I opened a kitchen cabinet door and noticed some Zodiac mugs sitting there.  I began putting these mugs in a garbage bag.  My mother was watching me and said, "What are you doing ... No ... I want those mugs ... You gave those to me."  I said nothing but continued putting them into the garbage bag.  I took them to the dumpster and broke them and left them in the garbage.

When I got back to the house, I opened the Bible and read the following to my mother:

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.  14For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do. Deut. 18

After I read this, my mother said:  "Well, I guess we'd better not do that anymore."  (She believed the Word of God and was born again.)

When I owned my business in the mid-70's, I was flying to Albuquerque, NM (USA) on buying trip.  As the plane was landing I heard, "Be baptized."  I had been baptized when I was 15 but I was not born again at the time.  I had just been born again and planned to be baptized again in Dallas where I lived but after hearing that word, "Be baptized,"... I decided to be baptized there in Albuquerque where many of my relatives lived.  They are Church of Christ (and they love water baptism) so my cousin set it up for me to be baptized that afternoon at the church she attended.  My relatives gathered there.  The minister shocked me by asking me if there was anything I wanted to say.  I just began speaking by the Spirit of God.  My uncle began crying.  One of my cousins began shaking her head up and down in agreement with what I said.  After I was baptized, my uncle came to me and said:  "I've never heard anything like that which you said.  Could you write that down for me?"  After I returned to Dallas, I did write it and sent it to my uncle.  I believe my uncle was saved that day when I spoke.  He was a member of Church of Christ but I do not think he was born again until that day.  God opened his ears to hear what I was saying.

I just know that everywhere we go people are blessed because we carry the Word of God.  They may not receive what we say or they may receive what we say, but either way, we, who carry God's word, are a blessing to all.