Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beggars in the ministry?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. I Cor. 9:14  But be warned ... many who come saying "Jesus is Lord" do not actually preach the gospel.  Some just use scripture to appeal for your money.  A minister who really preaches the gospel tells you "God's story" (gospel) by the Spirit of God and this uplifts you and builds you in real ways of God.

And while a minister who "preaches the gospel" has the right to receive money to live on, he does not have the right to ask people to pay for his various "good" works.  There is no place in New Testament where a minister asked other people to pay for his works.

God moves on the heart of HIS people to give ... but fleshly ministers, those ministers who use fleshly means to get people to give, play on emotions of humans to stir them up to give.  These fleshly ministers hold out their works before humans and appeal to the flesh of man much as the animal societies on TV today show abused animals to get animal lovers to give.  It breaks your heart to see the pictures they show.  It is a terrible thing when they say they have no Bibles and ask us to give.  But when this happens, God reminds me that these fleshly ministers who come begging me for money have internet because this is the way they contact me, by email. They hide the material goods they have.  Even the money for these material things could have been used to pay for the works so they are not as bad off as they want to appear to be.

And I am also reminded of the following ... David said ... I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.  Psa. 37:25

So when a "minister" comes begging me for money, I know that person is not following the Spirit of God.  When we follow the Spirit of God, it is God (not humans) who provides for our needs.

I had so many "pastors" asking me for money that I had to remove my email address from the first page of these writings.  It is a shame when they do this, begging women for money.  I repeat, there is no place in the New Testament where ministers asked people to give them money to pay for their works.  The Bible should be our guide.

If I don't have the money to pay for the work, then I don't do the work.  But I have found when God has told me to do something, I have the money to do it without begging others to pay for that work.