Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Language of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob. 5This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not.  Psa. 81

When you follow God and read the Bible and allow the scriptures to rule over you by faith, the way is so different from the way of man.  The way of most other people is like another language to us.

For example:  I was born again in 1975 and at that time I owned a business in Dallas, Texas.  I owed about $9000 at that time on merchandise.  I felt strongly I should get out of debt and I began working toward getting out of debt.  In a short time, I was out of debt by cutting back on my spending and by applying profits from sale of merchandise toward the debt.

A friend who worked for an airline told me the way I was running my business was exactly opposite to the way corporations operate.  (She worked for Braniff Airlines.)  She said they were taught to use other people's money to make more money and never use your own personal money.  In a few years, Braniff went bankrupt and closed.

God has taught me a completely different way of life from the way most people live today.  Most people take out mortgages and buy a house thinking it is better to do this than throw away money on rent.  Makes sense.  But this is not the way God led me.  I lived in a simple apartment.  Then when I moved to another city in 1985, to help my mother, I built apartments for us with the money I had saved and with the money she had.  There was no mortgage.  We just did what we could pay for.  At that time I looked at trailer houses, thinking that is what I would need to buy.  I had forgotten that my dad had left a little money to us.  I had never used any of that money and my mother had put it into a bank savings account so it was there to use.  That allowed us to build the apartments.  But I did not take out a loan from a bank.

It is such a different way from the way the world teaches.  But this is the way I have been taught by God.  Do what you can pay for.  If you can't pay for it, just don't do it.

Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.  

But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.  

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. I Tim. 6
==============================