Sunday, July 8, 2012

Help or problem?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the early 80's, the pastor at the church I was attending had become involved in both radio and television and I had been on radio about a year.  He strongly recommended his ad agency to me.  He said, "Joan ... they can really help you.  They can do you a lot of good."

I contacted them and they agreed to take me as a client.

They assigned me an ad executive who would come meet with me from time to time to talk about various parts of my ministry.

One the the first things, the ad executive "suggested" is that I put, "SEND ME YOUR PRAYER REQUESTS" on all printed materials and on the outside of my envelopes.

To this, I replied,  "OH, NO ... I don't want to do that ... They are supposed to pray to God themselves.  They go to God through Jesus Christ, not through me."

Then they told me not to send out any written materials unless they first approved what I wrote.  Of course, that was unacceptable to me.

Then they told me I must not speak anything on radio that offended people.  That was impossible for people who do wrong need to hear the way of God and have an opportunity to turn from their wrong doing so of course people will be offended when given the chance to repent.

After a few weeks, I received a call from the ad agency.  They said they were going to have to cut back on the number of clients they represented and unfortunately I was one of the clients they were going to have to "let go" ...

I was devastated ... knowing I was really headed to "big time" ministry and feeling I had failed.

Then God brought the following to my attention to show HIS view of the situation.

The devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.  Mt. 4

Then I knew I had not failed but rather I had succeeded in the sight of God in going HIS way though God's way diminished me in the sight of man.

It has been 32 years since that happened.  I rejoice that God gave me just exactly what I needed to escape the clutches of a "big reputation" among the church people.  All I had to do was keep doing the instruction given me by God and not compromise anything HE told me, holding back nothing.

In Seattle, the manager of the radio station was waiting for me outside the door of my meeting room.  He said, "Joan ... you have many wonderful messages.  But if you keep speaking those judgment messages I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air."

Out of my mouth came these words from the Holy Spirit which would define the next 32 years of my life in ministry ...

"George ... If I don't speak the message that I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

========================================================