Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bringing blessings upon yourself

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he (Jesus) spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.


Blessed:  fortunate, well off, happy

In recalling times I believed I had heard a word from God in what to do, and did it ... each time everything has turned out well for me, without exception.  Certainly there have been times there were fears and it was painful to the flesh as people shunned me, or I lost reputation, or my finances decreased, as a result of doing what I believe God led me to do.  But in each situation, I have ended up been so grateful to God for how HE worked even these things for my good. 

A fairly recent example is a word I heard about eight months ago after having prayed for many months about what to do regarding various problems at my job ...
Micah 2:10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

After being convinced this was God's direction for me regarding my job, I retired.  There were many fearful thoughts about retiring, but I tried to take each of those to God, and He always gave me something to resolve the fears when I did this. 

Now I am so grateful to be retired!  I am now able to spend lots of time reading the Bible, praying, and allowing God to work with me by His Spirit as I meditate in those things called to my attention and try to do them. There is so much more peace now, as I'm not spending hours each day with various people all trying to get their own ways, but not knowing God so not seeking His direction.  And, even though my finances decreased significantly, all of my needs are abundantly met.  There is no want at all, and I rejoice in God as I see Him continue to provide for me. 

It builds our faith to consider times God has given us a word, and we have done it, and we see the ways He has worked in our lives bringing about much more than we ever imagined.  It should also encourage us to pay attention to what God speaks to us and diligently try to do that. 

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.


===========================================================