Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vengeance belongs to God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Saul was hunting David to kill him.  At one point, Saul went into cave and went to sleep and David had opportunity to kill Saul but chose not to do so.

David said to Saul ...The LORD judge between me and thee, and the LORD avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee. I Sam. 24:12

Most people of the world welcome the opportunity to do harm to enemies.  I notice on TV there are many shows with the theme of taking revenge.  Often I will not watch these knowing how much the flesh would like to take revenge.  I don't want to feed my flesh on this issue by watching shows about revenge.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12