Friday, July 6, 2012

If a man will not work

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Some men come among us and will not work.  They expect others to support them.

Paul said ... For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. II Thess. 3

When the man is able bodied, we do not give him food or money.  To do so would be to go in a way opposite to this way set forth by Paul as a commandment.

Also from the time of the transgression, God ordained that the man would work.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;  19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. Gen. 3

Some of you have able bodied men in your households.  If they will not work, neither should they eat.  Let them get an honest job and work for their own bread.

For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 12Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. II Thess. 3

I came out of a business one day and a man approached me and said, "Lady, will you give me $2 for gasoline?"  I looked him over and saw he was able bodied and I replied, "No, I will not.  Go get a job and pay for your own gasoline."

A few years ago, one of my male relatives came to me asking for money.  He had a long standing reputation of not working, of not supporting his family, and he was calling himself a deacon in a Baptist Church.  In his case, I showed him my check book and the balance in my account and told him he could have that but he became ashamed and said, "I didn't want to ask you but my wife had me do it."  He did not take the money.  They ended up divorcing a few months later.  So far as I know, he continues not to work and hangs around his Baptist Church.  This is such a shame.


A man here in Lubbock sits beside an underpass with a cardboard sign begging for money.  It can be pretty hot here during some months.  I always thought it was such a strange thing to sit on the hot concrete and beg for money when he could be working for money.  He might not get a job as president of a bank, but I suspect he could mow lawns or wash windows.  But he begged instead.

And I finally had to remove my email address from these writings because I was overwhelmed with "pastors" who were begging me for money.  This is opposite to the way of God for the ministry or the church.  There is no example in Bible of a minister asking people to give money for the work of God.    There are "tithes" and "offerings" but God puts it into the elects hearts to give.  These begging pastors play on the emotions of other humans with their skillful words.  This is not of God.  Jesus said ... Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Mt. 23