Tuesday, May 10, 2022

πŸ’₯ Waiting until we hear from the Spirit.

 
John 6:63  Jesus says:  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I try to wait on the Spirit before doing anything.

Recently I began "sensing" I was speaking of too many negative things, saying too often, "I don't like that actor or such and such food." 

I came to believe it was the Holy Spirit showing me to bridle my tongue in this area.

When a warning is needed it is good to warn the other person.  But when it is just something I don't prefer, I might not need to speak.  So I've really been watching what I say.

I think this was by the Holy Spirit.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

Wait on the Holy Spirit, until HE calls something to your attention.

When we read the Bible, it is the Holy Spirit drawing our attention to certain scriptures whereby we make modification in our actions.

Galatians 5:5   For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

When the Holy Spirit highlights a scripture to us, drawing us back to that scripture, we need to focus on that scripture, making application as needed.

But the flesh profits nothing.  So we learn to wait on the Spirit.

Our righteousness is by faith that it is God calling that scripture to our attention so we can make adjustments to our life, thereby our righteousness is of God for it is God showing us to do something.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯