Thursday, May 26, 2022

πŸ’₯ If a man will not work, neither shall he eat.


The apostle Paul says:

2 Thess. 3:6-12  Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It always amazes me when I see able bodied men being given food at religious organizations without working.

And I am also amazed to think of Christians who should know the Bible giving money to religious organizations to give free food to able bodied men who will not work.

A man approached me outside a grocery store once asking me to give him $1 to buy gas.  He certainly appeared to be able bodied and since I know these scriptures I said to him:  "No ... you go get a job and pay for your own gas."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The apostle Paul also said:

I Corinthians 5:11;13   But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

13 ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I believe scripture.  And I believe we should do what scriptures says.

And I believe the following scripture.

2 Timothy 3:16-17  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯