Wednesday, May 11, 2022

πŸ’₯ Living in peace in nations of men.


If a government sets up laws which cause us to sin against God, we could not live in peace in that country.  (We might have to move elsewhere.)

But so far as I know in USA we are not forced to do anything, at this point in time, against the Bible and I'm very grateful for that, for we can live here in peace and obey the laws of the government of men.

Even if we happen to think a law to be "silly", it is good to obey that law of the land so long as it does not cause us to sin against God.

I Peter 2:13-14   

Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;  14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

We know by the Bible that God is against living lives of homosexuals or lesbians or fornication or adultery or drunkenness.  There is no law in USA that forces us to do any of these sins against God and we can live in peace.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I don't believe I would fight against abortion laws as some do today.  

You are not forced to have an abortion and those who choose to do so will suffer loss if not immediately, in time, and will be judged by God.

Psalm 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

So I see abortion as a sin against God.  And I would counsel in the church as such.

But to try to legislate the control of sin in governments of men will not work.  

Drunkenness is a sin according to the Bible but it will not work to install nationwide prohibition laws as we saw in the 1920's.    

Only God can cause the individual to be righteous from within.  

Live in peace even in these areas, separate from this world.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Keep the church separated from the world, for they are not the same and must function separately.

I Corinthians 2:14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Our goal is to live in peace, and to obey the laws of the land.  

I don't see that any law causes me to sin at this point in time in USA and I pray that it not come to such.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We have freedom of speech on Internet so I can speak and write anything from the Bible.  This is critical for me.

Radio was not so because some of the stations that broadcast Christian type messages are set up by denomination of men so you cannot speak all Bible doctrines on these radio stations.  

When Internet came along, freedom of speech returned.

So far, the messages I speak on blog, and on Podcasts, and even through books on Amazon, are not edited or censored.  I'm very grateful it is this way.  If they were censored by man, I would not be able to speak on those networks.

Galatians 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But as long as I am permitted to speak that which the Bible says and that which God shows me, it is a really great thing!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As along as we are not forced by our government to sin against God as individuals we should be able to live in peace, if we separate ourselves from the arguments of this world shown on TV and news media.  And avoid strivings of worldly people who think they know what is right but are judging in their own sight.  And remember God will judge the matter and the individuals who fight against one another.

1 Timothy 2

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I do not vote for governments of men, but I can pray for the leaders of the government, especially that they make decisions which allow Christians to be able to live in this nation in peace.

To me, this is a Biblical position, for in Bible we are told if we are a friend of this world we are an enemy of God (Jn. 4:4), and to support a political party would put me in jeopardy spiritually and would surely cause me to hate the opposing political party, thus sinning before God.

Romans 12:2   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 John  8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.  9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:  11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

(I would not be able to wish any man of this world "God speed", for to sanction that which a man does in secret might cost me reward in the sight of God.  For me to wish a man well, it would have to be a man who has demonstrated to me that he follows God by the Holy Spirit of God.  I've never seen any politician of governments of man do that.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

So obey the laws of the land so long as they do not cause you to sin.

Live in peace.  

Avoid those things of this world that cause you to hate.  

I avoid all protests and keep myself free from having to judge and hate either group of protesters.  I just turn the TV news off when they show protests and I refuse to be stirred up by my flesh.  

Remember in the end God will judge us and them.

Settle your position by prayer and the Bible as Christians.  

And if you can't live in your country peacefully following God, pray for God to place you in another country.

It is not by accident that we live where we live.  The Bible shows us that God determines the places where we live and the times we live there.  (Acts 17:26)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯