Sunday, May 8, 2022

πŸ’₯ Galatians 2:20

 
The apostle Paul says:

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When I was baptized in water after I was born again, the minister lowered me into the water and the Holy Spirit said to me, "This is like being buried with Christ."

(My flesh is dead and buried.)

When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said to me, "This is like being raised with Christ."

(God raises us from the dead of the world and gives us HIS HOLY Spirit to live in us, thus Christ lives in us by HIS Holy Spirit.)

We keep our bodies crucified with Christ, dead to the flesh, so we can walk in the Spirit serving God as we live on this present earth.

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

(We choose to let the Spirit rule over the desires of our flesh, walking in the ways of the Spirit.)

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit(following the instructions brought to us by the Spirit of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I Corinthians 9  Paul says:

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Keep the desires of the flesh under the control of the Spirit:  So instead of hating, we love.  Instead of trying to beat other people and out do people, we help people.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Romans 6

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into HIS death?

4 Therefore we are buried with HIM by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of HIS death, we shall be also in the likeness of HIS resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with HIM, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with HIM:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over HIM.

10 For in that HE died, HE died unto sin once: but in that HE liveth, HE liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(We keep the body crucified with Christ by choosing to go in the way shown us by the Spirit.)

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

So go in the way of the Spirit ... or cry out, "God help me,"  when tempted ... HE will!

I Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯