Sunday, May 15, 2022

Podcast: God provides a place for me to live in my old age. God will not fail us nor forsake us

 
 
 
 
Comments by Joan Boney:

I believe you will find this an amazing testimony and hopeful it will help us to trust in God for HE will not fail us nor forsake us, and I have found as long as God chooses to leave me on this earth, HE provides for me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In June 2018, Pam Padgett (our church group) decided to add a bedroom and full bath to the downstairs area of her house in Colorado Springs.  She had a "library" room which opened up into her fireplace area.  She wanted to move her sound system to the fireplace area and close up that opening and use the other room for a downstairs bedroom.  She asked me to help with the design for the sound system since I've had a lot of experiences with sound systems and we have the same speakers.

God gave me an idea whereby the large front speakers could be recessed into the new wall which would be built in the fireplace area.  Since that is a small room, it was very important to get those speakers back into the wall and away from the walk space.

Pam had been helping her elderly neighbor, Jim, and she saw how hard it was for Jim to have all his bedrooms upstairs at his house.

When Pam started working on building the downstairs bedroom and making the bath into a full bath, she was a little fearful thinking, "I wonder what is going to happen in the future to me to make me need this downstairs bedroom/bath?"

But she was sure God was leading her so she continue to pursue this project which was completed in January 2019.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I have found that sometimes God leads me by planting an idea or desire in my heart.

I had lived alone in my house in Texas for a number of years. I began to have the idea that a change was coming to my life and I would no longer be able to live alone.  This did not trouble me at all.  In fact I began to have a desire to live in a house with another church person, without even knowing who that person would be.

On December 6, 2019, I fell at my house in Texas. As they took me to the hospital by ambulance.  As they rolled me past the front door of my house, I heard this from the Holy Spirit of God.  "You'll never see this house again."

I was not troubled at all by this information.  I was sure God had a plan for me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As I awaited surgery at hospital, a nurse came into my room.  She had some papers for me to sign which would put some other person in charge of making decisions for me if I was unable to do so.

Instantly I said, "Pam Padgett is in charge of me."

Another member of our church group was standing there when I said this and heard me.  She was shocked and replied, "How can Pam be in charge?  She doesn't even live here."  (Pam lived 450 miles away in Colorado Springs.)

I replied:  "I don't know how she can be but she is."

(I think God must have put that in my heart and it was HIS plan.  I'd never thought of Pam being in charge should I not be able to make decisions.  I just spoke that she was in charge.)

Pam ended up flying to Lubbock, Texas, 3 or 4 times from Denver. She helped me get to one of the appointments with surgeon.  She helped me to move from one rehabilitation hospital to another.  She even selected the second hospital and was with me when they moved me. She kept in touch by phone with the supervisors at the hospitals.  When I put my house up for sale, Pam met with my contractor to prepare the property and to put my things that I wanted to keep in storage.  She worked out an estate sale to get rid of large pieces of furniture that I did not want to keep.  She took photos of each room and brought these for me to select items to keep.

I had watched Pam make decisions for many years before this accident.  When there was a problem, she talked with God.  After she felt God had showed her what to do she did what she heard and resolved the problem and then she might tell me of that problem after God had led her. Usually she did not tell me of the problem until she had settled it with God.  This was exactly the kind of person I could work with.

I was in hospitals for 2 1/2 months.  Somehow during that time it was decided that I would move to Colorado Springs and live in Pam's house where she had just converted one of her downstairs rooms into a bedroom.  Also she had added a shower to the downstairs bath and it was ready for use by the time I was released from the hospital on February 24, 2019.

Pam flew to Lubbock to assist me in the trip to Colorado which we made by plane.  

Earlier, in January, Pam had flown to Lubbock to get my old car and my cat and take them to Colorado.

When we arrived at Pam's house, and I got into the bedroom, my cat saw me and she looked as if to say, "Is it really you?"  and cat ran to me and jumped up on my bed and stayed very close to me.  (I hadn't seen her since I fell on December 6, 2018.)

I've been at Pam's house for the past 3 years.  It has been great being here in the house with another Christian who hears from God as I do.  It has turned out to be the very best situation I've ever been in for my entire life!  And God put it all together and made it work for both of us to benefit of both of us.

Psalm 24:17   Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯