Sunday, May 29, 2022

Podcast: Paul says: It is not wise to compare yourself with other people or measure yourself by other people

 
 
 
 
2 Corinthians 10

12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In most things of this world, we are taught exactly opposite from ways of God.

If we compare ourselves with other people and fall short, it might lead to covetousness.  Strife is a sin of the flesh.  

Galatians 5:19-21  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Instead we are God's workmanship.  Please God and we will not fall short.

Emulation is one of the works of the flesh of man.  Paul says they who do these works of the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Emulation (defined):  effort to match or surpass a person or achievement typically by imitation

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When God told me to go on radio KWJS and exhort the church, I did not listen to any other person's radio broadcast.  I just prayed and made the radio recording, allowing God by the Holy Spirit to bring to my mind scriptures to speak and examples to give.

I have never heard another radio preacher's broadcast.

When God told me to start a blog in March 2012, I did not look at any other blogs as examples.  I just wrote what God brought to my mind, sharing scripture and examples.

When God told me to begin Podcast, in 2020, I did not listen to any other preacher's Podcast.  I just bought a recorder and microphone and began recording as God brought to my mind scriptures or subjects.

I've never heard another preacher's Podcast nor have I looked at any other person's blog.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I write exhortations on the blog and record on Podcasts daily, sometimes twice daily or even more, because of these instructions from the Bible.

Hebrews 3:10-11  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Hebrews 10:25-26  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I just depend on God to give me that which HE wants the church to read and hear and I yield to the Holy Spirit as I do those things which I believe are right in the sight of God.

It can be deadly for us to copy another human.  (2 Corinthians 10:12)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯