Wednesday, May 25, 2022

πŸ’₯ Joshua 1:9

 
Recording:
 
 
God said:

Have not I commanded thee? 

(Did God tell me to do that thing or say that word?)

If so:

Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God has spoken to me many times.  I can't begin to recall each time I've been led by God since I was born again in 1975, but I can give some examples of hearing from God and knowing it was God leading me and sharing those words and instructions given me by God.

Here are a few examples:

1976 ... When I owned a small business in Dallas.  A woman took me to court.  God said to me:  "Don't testify."  The people around me that I considered to be friends tried to get me to testify.

πŸ’₯  "Be strong"  (Joshua 1:9)  Go forward doing the Word that you believe you heard from God even when others around you try to get you to go another way.  Because you believe it was God speaking, you must be strong in doing that which was told you because you believe it was God who told you that thing.  You must not allow people or devils to convince you to turn from what you believe God said.

πŸ’₯  "Neither be thou dismayed."  (Joshua 1:9)

dismayed:  shaken by others; unnerved; daunted; unsettled; thrown off balance by them; troubled; disturbed; turned aside by their words; saddened by them; disheartened; dispirited by them.

Isaiah 26:3-4  THOU wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE

Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Often someone who identifies himself as a Christian will try to dissuade me from what I have said I believe God has told me!

Jesus said:  "Your foes will be they of your own household."  (Mt. 10:36)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

December 6, 2018:  I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house, God said to me by HIS Spirit:  "You'll never see this house again."

Because of "that word" which I believed was from God, I put my house up for sale, even as I was in the hospital. (Not knowing where I would be going.)

A woman from our church group said to me, "I don't see how you can do this."

I replied:  "I heard what I believe was from God ... You'll never see this house again."

I was in rehabilitation hospitals after surgery for 2 1/2 months.  

The house remained for-sale.

I flew directly to Colorado Springs, Colorado, after I was released from hospitals on February 24, 2019.

The house in Texas remained for-sale.

I never saw that house again.  It sold on May 15, 2020.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

2012 Pam Padgett filed for early retirement from Fed Ex because she believed God told her to do so.

She heard the following scripture:

Micah 2:10   Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

(She went forward with what she believed she heard from God although her retirement pay was much less than her salary.)

When she told me what she was doing I was concerned because of two things:  Her monthly income was reduced by approximately 2/3 per month ... and she would have all that extra time to fill each day.

God had a plan for her which neither of us knew and she went forward based on the Word, trusting God, even not knowing the plan God had for her.

This is exactly like Abraham did when God spoke to him.

Genesis 12

11  Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;

(Abraham departed not knowing where he was to go ... nor did he know God's plan for him when he left his father's house ... Abram just left, trusting God ... doing instructions compatible with that which he believed God said to him ... This is the essence of faith in God, faith in that word which we believe God spoke to us.)

I did not try to stop Pam from retiring because I knew Pam knew how to follow God.  I was sure she would confirm, by prayer, that direction which she believed to be from God.

A few weeks after Pam retired from computer programming at Fed Ex, God gave me a dream showing me to begin a blog.  I asked Pam to set up a blog for us.  She had the skills needed to do this, and now that she was retired, she had the time needed to set up our blog.

Then in 2015, I began writing self-published ministry books on Amazon.

Doing self publishing requires computer skills which Pam was able to do to get our books published.

Then by dreams, God showed me to begin doing Podcasts.

Computer skills were required to set up Podcasts and Pam did that!

Then in June, 2018, Pam was led by God to do some construction at her house, converting a downstairs room into a bedroom and changing her downstairs 1/2 bath into a bath with shower.

(At that time Pam wondered:  "What is going to happen to me?"  All her bedrooms and full baths were upstairs.  She had been helping her neighbor, Jim, as he grew older and had to live in his upstairs bedrooms while becoming physically disabled. Also Pam had fallen down her stairs at that time ... and once she was in her garage and reached for a box and her back "went out" temporarily.)

But Pam believed she was to change her house so she would have that bedroom and full bath downstairs even though she didn't need to use it at that time when she was building these downstairs areas.

Construction was finished January, 2019.

I moved to Pam's house on February 24, 2019 ... I could not have moved there except for her having that bedroom/bath downstairs, because I could not climb stairs when I was released from hospital.

God knows what HE is doing!  We follow HIM by faith that we have heard from HIM.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Hebrews 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯