Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Podcast: Given the opportunity, speak the truth of God

 
 
 
 
When the door opens in the conversation, just speak the truth by the Holy Spirit of God, by that which the Holy Spirit brings to your mind at that time.

2 Tim. 4:2-4  (Paul instructs Timothy)  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

When I am with a person and the Holy Spirit reminds me of a scripture or concept, that is what I try to speak.   

The main thing is be faithful to God to speak what HE brings to you by HIS Spirit for then God will do the works that HE wants done.

But I am greatly warned about trying to plan ahead that which I will speak for if I do that, it might be my own work.  

God will guide us in that which we are to speak at the moment we are with another person.  

Let God be in charge.  

If God wants us to speak, HE will bring to our mind that which we are to say.  And we simply share "that".

A woman in our little church group had made out a list of things she wanted to say to her adult aged son.

When I found out what she was doing I urged her to tear up her list and just speak those things brought to her mind by the Holy Spirit of God when she was with her son.

Luke 21:14-15  Jesus says:  Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:  For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

She did tear up her list and spoke what God brought to her mind while she was with her son, and she told me later not one thing on her list was called to her mind.

Learn to trust God to do HIS work through you.

When we learn to trust God, HE will bring to our mind that which HE wants us to say.  We don't have to try to do anything!  Just speak as the Holy Spirit leads you.

John 14:26  Jesus says: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

Also it is critical for us to settle all offenses with God, otherwise we might speak wrongly, trying to set someone straight.  We must keep ourselves at peace, without spot and blameless through praying when we are offended, and then speak freely that which God brings to our mind.

Psalm 51

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯