Saturday, May 14, 2022

Podcast: Stand fast in the Lord ... in the Word

 

 
 
Jesus is the Lord.  Jesus is the Word.

John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So when Paul says, "Stand fast in the Lord," (Phil. 4:1), Paul is telling us to stand fast in The Word who is our Lord, Jesus.

Each time I see, "The Lord", in the Bible, I think of "The Word."

John 14:6  Jesus says:  I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is saying:  "The Word is the way to go ... The Word is the truth ... The Word is the life ... no man cometh unto the Father but by The Word."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

David is saying:

The Word is my shepherd ... I follow The Word, therefore I shall not want.

The Word makes me to lie down in green pastures:  The Word leads me beside the still waters.

The Word restores my soul.  

The Word leads me in the paths of righteousness.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯