Thursday, October 24, 2013

Meditation example

Meditation:  Joan Boney

I Thess. 2:12 ... That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.


Walking worthy of God:

Jn. 5:19 ... Jesus said ... The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jn. 5:30 ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 


Jn. 6:38 ... For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 




Walking "worthy of God" has to do with being constantly recreated in the image of God which means hearing from God by the Holy Spirit second by second ... waiting for God to show you something to do before doing anything ... waiting for God to show you what to speak ... Doing and saying what you hear from God as Jesus did.

We are connected to God in a "triangle" ... God ... Jesus ... Holy Spirit in us

Col. 2:12 ... Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.


Eph. 2:6 ... And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:


Though we still live on this earth, the old man is dead, buried in baptism ... we are raised with Christ to walk a newness of life through the Spirit of God WHO now lives in us ... and God has already raised us with Christ though we still live on this earth.  Thus we have a connection not with this earth which is dead to us and we are dead to it, but rather we are connected to the heavenly, to God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Thus Paul explained:  Gal. 2:20 ... I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.



Romans 8 ... Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written,  For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


===========

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 105:37 He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.

God led the children of Israel out of Egypt to journey to the land HE had promised them.  A journey would require physical strength.  As God led them out of Egypt, there was not one feeble person among them.  There were about 600,000 men plus women and children, yet not one of them was feeble.   Each of the children of Israel were able to go on the journey God led them to make. 


God gives us the ability to go in the way HE leads us.  Whatever we need ... physical strength, wisdom, courage, skill, finances ... when God leads us, we are able to go in that way. 

(thought of examples in my life of God leading me and making me able to take each step HE led me to take).