Monday, October 14, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Jesus said ...
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

yoke - something used to join or bond two parties

learn - gain or acquire knowledge of, or skill in

We learn of Jesus, the Word of God ... the Holy Spirit brings the word from God we need in whatever we're dealing with, and teaches us how to go in the way of that word

Ways and wisdom of God very different than ways and wisdom of the flesh and this world ..... 

Ways and wisdom of the world are corrupt, hard, vain/empty, don't really fulfill, no lasting benefit, hard and heavy yokes.

The Holy Spirit teaches and leads us in ways and wisdom of God which are good, right, the best way, way of life.  Brings forth fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance)

We're yoked to the Word of God as we conform our thinking and go in the way of the Word brought to us by the Holy Spirit ... go in same way as the Word.  Results in rest from works/ways of the flesh and of this world.

==================