Sunday, October 6, 2013

When things don't seem to go well

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I felt God showed me to do something.  I did it.  And it didn't seem to go well.

This shakes us up.

At times like this, of course I prayed.  I didn't seem to receive any information from God to help me understand.

For a few days, I struggled with faith.

Then I just grabbed a scripture and hung on.  That is all I felt I could do.

Now things have leveled off much better but I still have no understanding at all concerning the other matter.

We have choice.  Job said ... Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him.  Job 13:15

In this problem, this is what I decided.  I just purposed to trust in God no matter how little understanding I had.  If we aren't going to trust in God, who are we going to trust in?

Psa. 2:12 ... Blessed are all they that put their trust in HIM.

Sometimes it is a deliberate act of doing this.  And it helps to read some of the promises of God in the Bible and to think on how God has sustained us during the years and the special things God has done in our lives.