Saturday, October 12, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 31:19 ... Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


John spoke of how important it is to run the race correctly while we are on this present earth so we can later receive "a full reward".

II Jn. 8 ... Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

God has prepared rewards in heaven for each of us.  We don't know exactly what those rewards are but these are very great.  A "full reward" implies there are different degrees of reward.

I had a dream once about such ... I entered an auditorium.  My mother and my aunt were seated together about 1/2 way back in the auditorium.  (I don't think there were very many people there.)  A concert band was on the stage.  I was told my place was first chair first clarinet.  (This is the highest position in a concert band.)  I was very reluctant and asked them to just put me somewhere at the back of the band for I didn't think I played well enough for first chair.  But they said, "No ... that place is saved for you."  (I felt this dream pertained to rewards in heaven.)

On this earth, I don't think of rewards in heaven.  I am very interested in doing my assigned work in a careful manner on earth.  To me the important thing is handling the Word of God in an appropriate way.  I would not want to mishandle the Word of God.

Paul gave us a glimpse of rewards in heaven.  He explained:  I Cor. 3 ...every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour...If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

I Cor. 9 ...  woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Col. 2 ... Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,   19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Col. 3 ... And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. 25But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. 

Heb. 10 ... Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. 36For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 37For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. 

Heb. 11 ... By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.  27By faith he forsook Egypt,

Jesus said ... Rev. 22:11 ... And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be .

Paul said ... Romans 8:18 ... For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.