Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Psalm 23:6 ... Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

Mercy:

-  an event to be grateful for, because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides a relief from something

- compassion or kindness in our treatment of others, especially those who have offended us or who deserve punishment

Just recently something happened which I recognized as the mercy of God because it spared me from something that was likely to cause me a lot of trouble.  And at the time it happened, I recognized it was God who caused the situation which resulted in sparing me.

I know several times I have been spared from marrying and each time I knew it was God keeping me from my own destructions, my own plans.  Looking back on these things in the past I can imagine how horrible my life would have been had I married that person.  This is mercy toward me.

Sometimes we don't want that event that brings about mercy.  So often we want what we want.  But God as a good Father stops the thing that will destroy us.  Later we see it.  And we praise God for HIS way saved us from our own plans.