Saturday, October 12, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

still:  calm, not moving, not striving, undisturbed

God is all powerful, knows all things, all things created by God, nothing is too hard or impossible for God

God has chosen me and given me the Holy Spirit living in me ... leads me, guides me, teaches me, intercedes for me. 

flesh tries to jump into action by own "wisdom" ... cannot serve God by my flesh ...   

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Trust God to lead me in a way I understand ... turn to God ... wait to hear from God by HIS Spirit ... then go in that way.

===========

Meditation:  Joan Boney

Phil. 2 ... Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.   

The name of Jesus is THE WORD ...

To me this means at THE WORD every knee will bow.  Those rebellious who would not bow to THE WORD will eventually do so and THE WORD will reign over all.  THE WORD is Jesus.

In Phil 2:10, it says That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth ... under the earth ... the dead in Christ will rise at the "shout" made when THE WORD returns for HIS own.  Thess. 4:6

Phil 2:15 ... Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;   16Holding forth the word of life;

Perverse nation:

-  showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences:  homosexuals, adulterers, fornicators, thieves ... 

Holding forth the word of life; ...we live the word and by that we hold forth the word, refusing the sins we once did ... sometimes we speak the word and hold forth the word ...  I just can't go along with their sins ... I do not want to be with them ... I would rather be alone with God or with the people of God ... Working out my own salvation with fear and trembling  Phil. 2 ... I grieve when they speak of ways opposite to God ... My own salvation not to participate ...