Thursday, October 17, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

John 15:4 ... Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Abide means to live in ... We live in that word given us by God, that word called to our attention by the Holy Spirit ...

For the past two days, I have awakened with a scripture in my mind.  I know that is the Holy Spirit reminding me of that scripture.  I sit down and focus on that scripture, thinking about what it is saying to me, making proper adjustments according to the instruction of that scripture.

Sometimes I will look at a single scripture for months each day and soak it into me by applying it daily to my live, living in that scripture.

This is what it means when Jesus says "Abide in ME ..."

"And I in you" ... When we live in HIM, HE lives in us.  HE is THE WORD ... When we live in THE WORD, THE WORD lives in us.

As we think on that scripture and do it daily, making appropriate adjustments, we allow HIM to live in us.

This is the Lord's supper ... that word of God given us by the Spirit of God ...


We examine ourselves daily by that word that comes to us by the Holy Spirit.  We judge ourselves by that word, making adjustments to our lives and continuing in those adjustments.  We keep on doing that word as we walk on this earth day by day.

But if we handle that word "unworthily" we may end up weak and sickly and many die. 

I Cor. 11 ... Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.