Monday, October 21, 2013

Word of God rising to fight sadness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A few days ago, I sent scripture upon which I had been meditating.  This ended up helping me the same night.

I had been listening to a recording of a concert of Judy Garland made in about 1963.  It was very enjoyable to me.  I had heard her do a similar concert when I lived in Dallas in the 60's.

Toward the end of the recording I felt a sadness over a time gone forever... the melodic pure music replaced by popular music today that sounds to me like distortion and noise ... the pretty dresses of that period ... the overall glamor of a past time ... the elegance that no longer seems possible ... a "gone with the wind" period forever gone, forever lost ...

Then the scripture upon which I had meditated that morning surfaced to replace the sadness ...

I Peter 1:For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:  25But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.

Yes, each year seems uglier ... movies, dress, building materials ... these things do change and not for the better ... and the past goes forever lost ...

But there is no change in the Word of God ... The first word was pure ... the recent word is pure ...

And I rejoiced that God prepared me to overcome this sadness even before the sadness came.

That is just one benefit of spending time daily thinking on the Word of God!