Thursday, October 24, 2013

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

2 Corinthians 2:11 ... Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Exhortation:  (Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet)


Paul took action before Satan could get advantage because he know the devices of Satan.

Satan uses many devices to pull us off track.  It is very helpful to know the tactics of the enemy so we can avoid such.

In my case, I have an assignment from God to do exhortations for the church.  I also have the spiritual gift of exhortation to allow me to do this.

Satan uses a plan to pull me off course.  If I let myself get involved in "helping" people, I can't hear the message God would speak and helping them drains me and ends up not helping them either for their help must be from God.

We have a woman in our church group who was very needy.  She always had to be corrected when I spoke to her.  Over and over this happened for 30 + years.  I was continually grieved by her words.  I finally stopped trying to correct her.  Everything we write is printed daily on Internet, let her take that and go to God and correct herself.  If she does that, she will be okay.  I was freed.

Then came many pastors wanted help and guidance.  Again, let them turn to God for guidance.  I just stopped reading their many emails.

Then came a young man who seemed to be a pastor but when he spoke to me the doctrine was false.  I corrected him at first.  He wanted me to judge his writings.  I told him I would not do that.  Then he turned and railed out against me in an unjust way.  He wouldn't turn to God.  I told him to take him questions to God instead of bringing them to me.  He wouldn't do this.  I just cut him off and will not read anything from him and if he called I would not answer phone.  I have caller ID so I can see who is calling.

Later I saw this young man is a "railer" ... Paul said to cut off railers when they come to us calling themselves a "brother" and are railers.  I Cor. 5 ... I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: 10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

I just put this young man away from me ... and that is exactly what Paul told the church to do.

Each of us have areas where Satan is likely to strike.  Pam's area at this point in time is money.  So to fill up the gap and pull down stronghold which have built up over time she needs to keep those scriptures given her by God on a list and look at this list morning and night and build herself up in the faith constantly.  It may take weeks or months but this will work.  Of course with each temptation she still turns to God again and HE will likely give her another scripture or bring to her mind an example.  Strongholds are like brick walls and usually these have been build over time and they usually have to be pulled down one brick at a time and that usually takes time and effort.  So you stay on that subject as long as it is needed.  I have stayed on a single verse as long as seven months.  Don't rush past that subject.  Stay with it.