Thursday, October 17, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

I Jn. 2 ... He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

How did Jesus walk?

Jesus said ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. Jn. 5:30

Jesus heard from God continually..  Jesus did those things God told Him to do.  Jesus spoke those things God told Him to speak.

This is how we are to walk also ... not as "mockers", imitating what others do ... But connected to God by HIS Spirit that lives in us ... doing and saying those things authored by God.

=======================
Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God knows what lies in the future and what I will need. God can and will supply what I need. 

God will see that I get whatever information I need when I need to have it. 

In whatever I face now or in the future, I can turn to God to help me and show me what, if anything, I need to do, and He will help me.    

Don't speculate or worry about the future.

Seek to deal as God wants me to with what is before me today.