Saturday, October 5, 2013

Settled by God when afraid

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I have two eye diseases ... glaucoma and cataracts.  With the medical advancement the cataracts are no longer a problem once they get to the point of being removed.  But the glaucoma can cause you to loose vision and that lost vision cannot be recovered so regular doctor care and using eye drops daily to keep pressure under control is the medical treatment today.

A doctor greatly frightened me two years ago.  He said to me, "The pressure is great.  What I am concerned with is your vision loss."  I came away so frightened.  Of course I called out to God.  This doctor was from a foreign country and had a limited English and couldn't explain his thinking to me so I changed doctors.

The second doctor explained the problems and scheduled a visual field test. (Then there was fear again for it was after taking the visual field test that the first doctor made the statement about the vision loss.  What if that happens again?  I was afraid and didn't want to take that test for fear of what it might show.)

In the meantime another fear arose about my vision.  What if I couldn't drive?  I cried out strongly to God.  And I was reminded of 3 people I knew from bridge center.  Their ages ranged from 85 to 94.  Two of them could barely see at all.  But they never stopped driving themselves to bridge and they never had an accident.  I'm pretty sure they did not see well enough to get drivers licenses, but they drove.  Larry was 94.  He had one of those very large 1970 type Cadillacs.  He would get in parking lot and spin the wheels and take off into the street and never had accident.  By being reminded of this after I had prayed, I felt it was God showing me I would not have a problem and would be able to continue driving.  And I was very settled about the issue.

This week, I went to eye doctor.  I had to take the field vision test but I was not afraid because of that which I believe God had shown me.  The results were surprising.  He had a copy of the test I took from previous doctor.  The current test showed I do not have the extensive problem shown by the previous test.  He said vision in this area does not improve but my tests showed a significant difference toward improved vision.  After viewing these exams, he felt all I need to do the remainder of my life is to keep that pressure under control by drops and have pressure checked every 4 months.

When I went into the eye exam,  I was so relaxed this time and was not afraid because God had established me concerning my eye problem with the concept of the 3 people at bridge center.

When God establishes you in a matter, it doesn't matter what man and machines say.