Thursday, October 3, 2013

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Joan Boney

II Tim. 2:4 ... No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

These secular things and some people have a way of drawing you into things that are difficult to get free from.  I try to take care not to get entangled but sometimes it is really difficult.   I want to keep myself in a position where I can focus on the Bible for if I do get entangled it is so hard to get free again.

entangle means ...

-  to envolve in perplexing or troublesome situation
-  to make complicated
-  to become caught by

I've had times that people ensnare me by their problems.  I really work to avoid this.  If we say we are Christian, then we should be able to commit everything to God in prayer.  If we do need help, I've found God will raise someone up to help me.  But I usually do not go around telling other people my unresolved problems.  I talk to God and ask HIM to help me.

Sometimes things break and have to be repaired or fixed.  Again, this is something I talk to God about when it happens.  We can get into a lot of unnecessary trouble by running about getting opinions from humans as to what we could do or should do.  I try to avoid that by putting my trust in God to get information to me.

The most outstanding recent example of this happened when I had problems with a video processor on my TV.  I had no idea what to do.  I had no help and didn't know anyone who could help.  I told this to God.  At 4 am that same day, Pam Padgett awoke and was crying out asking God to help me.  At 1 pm, the phone rang.  It was a man from Chicago.  He said, "I am a professional in video processing and heard you need help."  (The president of Lumagen video processors knew I had problems for I had called  Lumagen support to get recommendations for the unit a few weeks earlier.  He told Craig of the trouble and asked Craig to call me.)  I laughed and told him, "I certainly do need help."  I rejoiced because I knew God was helping me through this man.

Another amazing answer to a problem ... I have a window high up at the ceiling of my TV room.  I needed to get black plastic put over that window to seal out light before Craig comes to set the video processor.  I had no idea how to do that since the window is approximately 14 ft high.  I told God I just didn't know what to do.  I had gone to buy the black plastic and some painters tape to use to seal off the light but how to get someone to get up that high was question.  The next day, the window washers showed up.  I saw a tall ladder on back on their van.  I drew enough courage to ask the young man if he would do this job.  He seemed very happy to do this for me and it didn't take long.  I gave him $20 for helping.  He gave me his phone number in case I ever need more physical help.

Though it may seem like humans are the help, I know that I have prayed before they came on scene and have committed the problem to God.  And I believe HE helped me.