Monday, October 28, 2013

Meditation example

Meditation:  Joan Boney

II Thess. 1:10 ... When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.


When I was first born again and God began speaking to me by HIS Spirit, I was so amazed at the wisdom in that WORD.  I admired so much God and things of God.  I spoke of HIM everywhere I went.

Today it is the same.  I admire HIM.

II Thess. 1:12 ... That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.


The name of our Lord Jesus Christ is THE WORD ...

The time will come when we are given a new name ... and HE will have a new name.

Isaiah 62 ... For Zion’s sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. 2And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name. 3Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.


I had a dream about this a few years ago.  I was in a room with several people and someone called out a name and then I was told that was my "new name".  I was given clothes to dress in.  And I was told the man I was to marry was there waiting in this very large stadium filled with people.  I wondered how I could find him in such a large group of people.

Rev. 2:17 ... To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev. 3:12 ... Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

==================

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

It is God we turn to in prayer asking for wisdom, and it is God who gives us wisdom 

My thoughts and ideas may seem right to me at the time, but may not be right.  God gives wisdom which will not fail. 

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

waver:  unsteady, undecided between two opinions or courses of action, irresolute

Ask in faith without wavering, believing God hears my prayer, will give me wisdom in the matter, and can "get through" to me

When I have doubted that God would give me wisdom in a matter, or not waited to hear from God, its like being tossed back and forth, having no real foundation to stand on.

unstable:  prone to change, fail, give way, easily upset or disturbed, not stable (firmly established/fixed, sane, sensible)

But when I have put my trust in God to give me wisdom and waited for Him, I have been able to move forward on solid ground ... God's wisdom