Friday, January 11, 2013

Examining ourselves and setting our paths

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I am amazed in the way the scriptures sent daily and published daily on our writings fit the subject I find I am currently dealing with.

Two days ago, this scripture was presented by a member of the body of Christ.

Gal. 6 ,,, Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

I very seriously thought on what it means to "sow" to the Spirit.

I believe this means to carefully review those things brought to our attention by the Holy Spirit.  It can be things shown to us in dreams.  Or it can be information brought directly to us though a thought.  Or it can be instruction and direction of a specific scripture.

I sat and reviewed various things I believe shown to me by the Holy Spirit knowing these things are truth.

Also I considered various secular activities and thought on how these "sow" to the flesh ... example, TV shows ... I made adjustments which seemed appropriate to the Spirit.  I cut back on certain TV shows and as a result I believe I had power that night to hold back my tongue because I had refrained from feeding my flesh.

Sowing to the flesh reaps corruption.  Refraining from sowing to the flesh in your area of weakness is helpful in fighting the flesh.

The works of the flesh are listed in Galatians 5:  

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance (arguing, debating), emulations (competitions, trying to win out over others, trying to outdo other people), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.  25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

The flesh loves to outdo other people.  Some people try to do this with their physical appearance.  Some try to drive flashy cars to draw attention to themselves or live in homes to show themselves successful.  Some use sporting activities to show themselves better.  Many use schooling and intellectual pursuits.  The flesh loves this.

But Paul says to those of us who belong to God:  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Phil.2

This way is exactly opposite to the way of the flesh.

------------

Yesterday in the writings, I considered the various scriptures listed then I considered the teaching Pam wrote.  Both were very helpful to me and I thought on these things.

In Pam's teaching where God witnessed that Jesus was the Son of God, I thought of how God witnesses to each of us that we belong to HIM.  One witness of God comes when God answers our prayers.

I thought of various ways God witnessed that I belong to HIM.  I found this helpful in building my faith.

---------------

When I read the scriptures posted daily and the writings, I have additional opportunity to be exhorted in the way of God.  And as I look "deeply" into these things, often I adjust my way on this earth and have my faith in God built.

So I encourage you:  Do not rush through these things.  Stop and consider what is said and how it applies to you.  If you belong to God, these things should help you to examine yourselves and to set your path on this earth in a godly way.

One scripture presented yesterday:  Mt. 7 ... Jesus said ... Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 


Few will choose the "strait" way because it seems to deprive them of something they want on this present earth.

But what I have found is opposite:  When I see instruction from God and quit something, I am freed.  There is liberty in doing the word of God.  There is liberty in refraining my tongue.  There is liberty in ceasing from certain TV shows.

But Jesus said few would go in the way of life.