Thursday, January 31, 2013

God opens our eyes to understand the Bible

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Paul said:  "Now I know in part."  I Cor 13

God gives us little bits of information concerning scripture.  I just know small fragraments though I read the Bible over and over from Genesis through Revelation.

Recently Pam did a writing where she quoted a passage concerning Pilate ... When I saw that passage was coming, I said to God, "I don't understand that scripture."  And as I read it, for the first time ever, I understood what Jesus was saying.  God opened my eyes.

Jn. 19 ... When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. 7The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God. 8When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid; 9And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer. 10Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Jesus was saying, "Those who delivered me to you have the greater sin because they knew you have power to kill me and yet they delivered me to you."  Jesus was also saying to Pilate, "But you would not have this power except God enabled you to have it.  Your power in this is not of yourself but of God."

I don't try to understand the Bible.  I just read the Bible and God allows me to see the real meaning from time to time.  But I do not try to figure it out with my own mind. I often tell God, "I don't understand this scripture."  Sometimes HE explains it to me and other times HE does not explain it.  I just go forward either way.