Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fighting evil works on this earth

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I was watching a TV series on PBS concerning the Abolition movement that happened in the USA just before the Civil War.

When we see the evils done by humans against humans we want to fight.

But as I watched this, I was reminded of these scriptures:

Concerning Jesus ... Mt. 12:19 ... He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.  

Jn. 18:36 ... Jesus said ...   My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I Cor. 7 ... Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called. 21Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. 22For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord’s freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ’s servant.