Thursday, January 24, 2013

When we go off the road

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I had the following dream:  I was driving on a two lane highway and I kept falling asleep and the car drifted off the road and when I hit the thistles along the side of the highway I would awaken and pulled the car back onto the road.  Several times this happened.  Then all of a sudden the road ended.  The car was out in space.  There was a beautiful cliff ahead.  I commented to God about how beautiful HIS creation was.  Down below there was valley with tall pines and open space.  

Sometimes as we are going through life, we find ourselves doing things the way of other humans and then we awaken and pull back from that way because that way is rough.  We get back on the smooth highway which is the way of God.

There are many different areas which seem right to humans but are not the way of God.  We might participate with them briefly but when we awaken we get back on the way of God.

Recently I ran across this in the medical field.  I have been taking sleeping pills each night since my accident two years ago.  I have to go to doctor once a year to get pills during the year.  She wants to do preventive medicine but from the first time I went to her I explained she might not want to work with me because I wasn't going to do yearly tests doctors want to do.  She said she would work with me.  The last time I went to her, I agreed to have blood test.  But this concerned me and I prayed.  The morning of the test, I went to her office and got the papers to take to the lab.   The office worker in the lab explained that only one of the 4 tests was approved by medicare insurance and I might have to pay for the other 3 tests.  When I asked what these tests were, he said he was not permitted to tell me.  So I decided not to take any tests and I left.

(Mt. 9:12 ... Jesus said ... They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick... The way of the medical world in USA today is to do what they call preventive medicine where they look for illness when there is no sign of illness.  I don't participate in preventive medicine.  Their way seems wise to them but I view it as a way of thorns and thistles.  I choose not to go this way based on the above words of Jesus.)

After leaving the lab, I was reminded of the dream of falling asleep and hitting the thistles and awakening and pulling back onto the highway.

Also concerning the highway dream, at the end of the road, I was on the road.  I would hope this would show me that at the end of my life I was on the road of God, on HIS paved highway.

And the road itself was narrow, 2 lanes.  And there were no other cars on the road, no traffic.

Mt. 7 ... Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.