Thursday, January 3, 2013

When the electricity stops without warning

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday morning I was going through my normal morning routine and had just started reading Bible when the lights blinked once and then the electricity went out.

It is very rare for us to lose electricity.

It is such a shock to my system... no electricity ... no computer ... no internet ... no ovens ... no icemaker on ref ... no cooktop (although gas it has electric starter) ...

After about 2 hours (no clocks), I began to wonder if this was just my house or neighborhood.  If neighborhood, I knew they would be working on it but if just my house it needed to be reported ... no telephone to report anything (I don't have cell phone)

Couldn't get garage door open to get car out to get to phone to call electric company.

I finally dressed and walked to neighbor and she said her electricity was out too ...

So it was going to be a matter of just waiting ...

I felt so isolated ... not pleasant.

I thought of how dependent we are on things for comfort and connection.

I thought of several things I wanted to buy once the electricity was back and I could get car out of garage.

I prayed that God not let me go crazy and buy things I do not really need.

I thought about the time to come when earth will slip on axis ... How horrible it will be for those on earth when things no longer work ... elec/ water / telephones

Dream ... aproximately 1982 ... The earth slipped on axis.  People were terrified.  The politicians were meeting with scientists and religious leaders to see what they could do. (Nothing could be done for it was God who caused the problem)  A TV newscaster was trying to report the news.  He was so terrified he couldn't continue talking.

I thought about Jesus Christ WHO will not disappear nor be affected by anything.

I've been reading in book of Hebrews and tried to continue doing this but my flesh was very affected so it was difficult to focus. 

Then the lights came back on after about 3 hours.  But it made me think and my flesh was very disturbed.

I did think a lot about God and things to come on this earth and HIS kingdom during these 3 hours!