Sunday, January 20, 2013

Things working together for good

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In Romans 8, we have a promise of God to them who are chosen by God.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

From time to time, we will hear people of the world say things work together for good.  But the above is a promise of Gd to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

I've had this happen many times in my life, where something that seems bad or wrong ended up working for good.

Here is one example:  This past summer, we had two severe hail storms, two night in a row.  Hail is from God.  While hail can seem bad, knowing hail is from God, I thank God each time this happens.

People in my neighborhood began putting new roofs on their houses.  So I called insurance company and when they checked my roof they awarded me a new roof.

I've also had considerable trouble in this house with water leaks.  When I first moved into house in 2004, I had dream where water was running down walls of this house.  I knew there had to be structural problems with the house. And I found small pools of water in various places after it rained.  There was water in kitchen floor.  Water in floor of dining room.  Water in area where plants sit.  Water in guest bath.  And most recently water damage in master bath.  One by one, my contractor tried to fix these areas.    Fortunately in West Texas we don't have much rain so this helped.

When they got ready to put on the new roof, the person in charge of roofing company told me the previous roof installation was faulty in places and breaks had occurred at roof area around fireplace.  Also I suspect some vent areas on roof.  The new roofer said they would fix this.  They sprayed foam roofing to have boarder which extended up the joints for approximately 12 inches which meant there were no open connections on roof.  I feel the new roofing is much better than the roof I had.  I think this is an example of Romans 8:28.