Thursday, January 17, 2013

Angels

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Hebrews 1:14 ... Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation? 


One of the things angels do is carry the word of God to the chosen of God by the will of God.

I believe the following is an example:  This happened to me in January, 1980 ... I was asleep and a very strong voice sounded in my ear.  It was like the voice of a trumpet, it was so strong.  And I heard the following words:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ...

I awoke immediately, jumping out of bed. KWJS was a radio station and by this experience, God caused me to go on radio and a week after hearing this voice I was on radio 5 days weekly.  Prior to this I had no thought of going on radio. I had never even heard a "religious" broadcast on radio prior to going on radio.

Where the world portrays angels as creatures floating about in the air with harps, my experience with angels is great strength.  If you've ever heard a trumpet, you know how strong a sound it can make.  The voice that spoke to me that night was like the voice of a trumpet. And it blew words strongly in my ear and woke me and caused me to act upon the words spoken to me.

At one point, back in the 80's, I had a dream and I believe in this dream I viewed angels.  In the dream, they looked like men.  They were sitting around a table viewing some magnificent precious stones, individual jewels.  Then one man (angel) spoke and said, "Then it's settled.  We will go help her."

We have the Holy Spirit in us speaking to us the thoughts of God on the issue at hand (I Cor. 2), but messages of God are also carried by angels as we see in the following scriptures.

Heb. 2 ... Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.  2For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 3How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 4God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? 

In the Old Testament we see this example:  God said to the people ... Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. Ex. 23

There are also several examples in the New Testament.  Revelation 1:1-2 is one example:  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Angels are messengers of God sent by God to perform the will of God as HE wills.