Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Psalm 9 ... Prayers to God & Promises of God to the Church

1 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart;
 

I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
 

2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee:
I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
 

3 When mine enemies are turned back,
they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
 

4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause;
thou satest in the throne judging right.
5 Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked,
thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
6 O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end:
and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them.
 

7 But the Lord shall endure for ever:
he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness,
he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
 

9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.
 

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:
for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
 

11 Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion:
declare among the people his doings.
 

12 When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them:
he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
 

13 Have mercy upon me, O Lord;
consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me,
thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
14 That I may shew forth all thy praise
in the gates of the daughter of Zion:
I will rejoice in thy salvation.


15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made:
in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
 

16 The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth:
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
 

17 The wicked shall be turned into hell,
and all the nations that forget God.
 

18 For the needy shall not alway be forgotten:
the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
 

19 Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail:
let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20 Put them in fear, O Lord:
that the nations may know themselves to be but men.



==========

 I will shew forth all Thy marvellous works.

Comments by Joan Boney

I sat and thought of the recent works God has done in my life ... making a mental list of these and rejoicing in each of them, knowing I didn't do these things or think of doing these things but they were from God by HIS Spirit as HE brought each thing to my mind and I did as I saw to do in each situation making things better not worse.

Also I reported to the church on Internet all those things shown me by God at the time HE led me in the matters ... showing how God leads us by HIS Spirit.

As you are reading this, I encourage you to stop a minute and consider the things God has shown you and build yourself up in the faith, thanking God for each thing HE has shown you by HIS Spirit.

==========

Psalm 9 ...  For Thou hast maintained my right and my cause;  Thou satest in the throne judging right.

God has put HIS laws into our minds and hearts (NT Church / Heb. 8 & 10) so that we can do right.  We are often charged by men as doing wrong as we do what God has put into our hearts.  But always God maintains our right and cause and judges right.

Isaiah 54 ... No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.


Romans 8 ... 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth?

Lk. 21 ... 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

An example:  Once I was playing golf with two women ... one Church of Christ and the other Methodist.  The Methodist woman who apparently wanted to approve everything and everyone and speak only happy thoughts, began speaking about those persons who judge others.  (I felt she was directing her criticism toward me.)

Out of my mouth, the Spirit of God said:  "If you judge someone is judging, aren't you judging?"

This woman gasped aloud.  It was like a balloon when the air is released from the balloon.

==========

 Psalm 9 ... 7 But the Lord shall endure for ever:
He hath prepared His throne for judgment.
8 And He
(The WORD) shall judge the world in righteousness, He shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
 

9 The Lord (The WORD) also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
 

10 And they that know Thy name (The WORD) will put their trust in Thee:
 

for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee.

==========

By the Holy Spirit, there are times God will bring HIS judgment to the people of this world and even to the church through us, HIS servants.


God shows us the correct way and we pronounce that correct way.

An example:  Several years ago, I was visiting a small church group and pastor was teaching the lesson and pastor read from the following scripture.


Heb. 11 ... 7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Pastor asked:  Did Noah condemn the world?

Immediately, by the Spirit of God, I replied:  "Yes ... because Noah obeyed God and the world did not obey God therefore Noah condemned the world through his obedience to God."

After I spoke that, this group showed shock and everyone was silent, including the pastor!  ... they wanted no more to do with me ... I didn't try to return there again.


==========

Psalm 9 ... 11 Sing praises to the Lord (The WORD), which dwelleth in Zion:
declare among the people His doings.


An example:  Recently I went to lunch with a woman.  She began talking about things happening in threes.  I replied:  God didn't say that.  That is just a saying of man.  (It is a superstition followed by man.)

I am not subject to being ruled by superstitions of man.  We curse ourselves if we allow such to happen for we will go about looking for the superstition to happen and often we will end up making it happen to fulfill the superstition.


It amazes me when I hear someone say another person is a lucky charm for them.  Recently I heard the owner of the Dallas Cowboys football team say a "famous" man who was in attendance was a lucky charm for the football team.  This man is governor of New Jersey and is touted as a presidential candidate in the next election.  The owner who made this statement wanted this "lucky charm" man to attend the next Cowboy game.  The TV announcers picked the story up and it was repeated many times.  The man did attend the next game and the Cowboy's lost.  No more was said about the "lucky charm".  This foolishness is the way of man and repeated many times by superstitious man.  But when the charm fails, no one of this world seems to notice.   But we who are of God notice.  And it is God who is our "luck" and "prosperity". (And we don't want anything other than God to be our portion on this earth.)  By HIM (HIS WORD) we live and move and have our being.  We are greatly blessed that God lifted us out of the world and their wisdom and set us in HIS wisdom as a new creature.  For at one time, we were like them but no more because of the mercy of God toward us.

II Corinthians 5 ...  15 And that HE died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ,

==========

Psalm 9:12 ...  HE forgetteth not the cry of the humble.

humble/meek:  those who follow the will of God, giving up their own way to do HIS will

==========

Psalm 9 ...  13 Have mercy upon me, O Lord;
consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, 

Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
 

14 That I may shew forth all Thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion:
 

I will rejoice in Thy salvation.

==========

Psalm 9 ...  16 The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth:
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.


==========

Psalm 9 ... 18 For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
 

19 Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail:
let the heathen be judged in Thy sight.
20 Put them in fear, O Lord:
that the nations may know themselves to be but men.