Sunday, February 22, 2015

Psalm 21 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 The king (David) shall joy in Thy strength, O Lord;
and in Thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!


2 Thou hast given him his heart's desire,
and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
 

3 For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness:
thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
4 He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him,
even length of days for ever and ever.
 

5 His glory is great in thy salvation:
honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
 

6 For thou hast made him most blessed for ever:
thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
 

7 For the king trusteth in the Lord,
and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.

 

8 Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies:
thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
9 Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger:
the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
10 Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth,
and their seed from among the children of men.
 

11 For they intended evil against thee:
they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
12 Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back,
when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
 

13 Be thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength:
so will we sing and praise thy power
.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney 

 1 The king (David) shall joy in Thy strength, O Lord;
and in Thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!


joy:
- feeling of great pleasure and happiness in the strength of God, in that which God does and has done


THE WORD sent me by God through HIS Spirit causes such joy to me and often causes me to go another way which is far better than the way I had planned to go.  I rejoice in God turning me.

It is amazing to me how one small concept from God can make such a difference to me in the way I view something! 


==========

 3 For Thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness:

- kept something from happening or arising
- make someone unable to do something planned against me by them

An example:  There was a neighbor who planned to come "tell me off" and "put me in my place" according to her ideas.  But she never showed up at my house.  At the time scheduled for her to come to "talk with me" (by her idea), she didn't show up.  That happened several weeks ago.  I haven't seen her nor heard from her since.

When she didn't come as scheduled, God reminded me that years ago I had spoken and acted against lesbians (by Romans 1) and her daughter is lesbian.  Then I understood what was going on with her statement that she wanted "to talk to me".  And I knew God kept her from doing that.  I rejoiced!

Romans 1 ... concerning lesbians & homosexuals ...

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
 

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
 

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

==========


13 Be Thou exalted, Lord, in Thine own strength:
so will we sing and praise Thy power.


Romans 9 ...  17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Pharaoh was created for purpose of destruction that the power of God might be shown in the world.

Romans 9 ... 18 Therefore hath HE mercy on whom HE will have mercy, and whom HE will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth HE yet find fault? For who hath resisted His will? 


20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? 

Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, Why hast Thou made me thus? 

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
 

22 What if God, willing to shew His wrath, and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:23 And that He might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?