Saturday, February 7, 2015

Psalm 6 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church


1 O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger,
neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
2 Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak:
O Lord, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
3 My soul is also sore vexed:
but thou, O Lord, how long?
 

4 Return, O Lord, deliver my soul:
oh save me for thy mercies 'sake.
 

5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee:
in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
 

6 I am weary with my groaning;
all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
7 Mine eye is consumed because of grief;
it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
 

8 Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity;
for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9 The Lord hath heard my supplication;
the Lord will receive my prayer.
 

10 Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed:
let them return and be ashamed suddenly.


==========


Psalm 23 ... 1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
 

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
 

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:for Thou art with me;Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
 

Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
 

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney

As we go through the troubles of this life, God delivers (restores) our soul over and over.

Psalm 120:1 In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and HE heard me.
 
Psalm 3:4 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and HE heard me out of His holy hill.

 Psalm 107:20 He sent His word, and healed them


An example:  I received a note recently from a woman and she told me how she was having 25 people in for Thanksgiving dinner.  (I have no people to have in to have Thanksgiving dinner.  I began to feel a little sad over my life.)   

Then she said she and husband (I have no husband) were going to their daughter's house (I have no daughter) for Christmas.  (I began to get even lower.)

Then she said her grandson (I have no grandson) married in October.

Immediately I heard following from Holy Spirit and when I heard this everything was turned around and the heaviness I was feeling left and joy came to me ... I was delivered from her words and the lacking I had begun to feel and I was restored by the word spoken to me by the Spirit of God.

I heard this:  You are dead and your life is hid with Christ!  

That's right!

And I have a wonderful life in Christ which most people don't have.

Most people have a fleshly life on this earth.  But I am dead to this world and alive in Christ and my life is hid from most people and it appears I have no life for I have no husband, no children, no grandchildren and some feel sorry for me.

But I have everything and rejoice in the Word of God and this will be now and forever, for all eternity.

HE, the word sent by the Spirit of God, restored my soul and delivered me from sadness.

Col. 3 ... 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.