Thursday, February 19, 2015

Man is not justified by the word of the law. What does this mean?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Gal. 2 ... Paul says ... 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law:for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Works of the law would be doing things like circumcision and baptism and believing you belonged to God because you followed the law and did the law.

A person can be baptized and think he is a Christian.

But first we believe God ... and then we are baptized because we believe God.  It does not work the opposite way.

First Abraham believed God ... then later Abraham was circumcised.  It was believing God that caused Abraham to be of God.  This is faith in God.

Many people have faith in that which they did ... In 1974, had you asked me if I was Christian, I would have said "yes".  I had been baptized.  I thought I was a Christian because of what I did.  This is example of works of the law.

Then in August, 1975, God revealed HIMSELF to me.  I was completely changed!  Later I was rebaptized because God told me to be baptized.   But then had you asked me if I was a Christian, I would have replied "yes" and would have told how God revealed HIMSELF to me.  I would not have considered myself to be Christian by my being baptized.  Now my faith is in what God did and not in what I did.

Paul says ... by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Gal. 2:16

Jesus says ... 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mt. 7

These people did not hear from God to do these things.  They did these things of their own will.

Those who hear from God and then do the works, belong to God.

But those who read of the works in Bible and set out to do the works without hearing from God and without being sent by God, operate by their own flesh and by the letter of the law and they will not be justified in the sight of God this way.