Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Psalm 3 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me!
many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul,
There is no help for him in God. Selah.
 

3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me;
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
 

4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice,
and HE heard me out of His holy hill. Selah.
 

5 I laid me down and slept;
I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
 

6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people,
that have set themselves against me round about.
 

7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God:
for Thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone;

Thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
 

8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord:Thy blessing is upon Thy people.

==========

Comments by Joan Boney  

Psalm 3:3 ...  3 But Thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

The LORD, the Word, is a shield:

- the WORD is my protection against blows
- the WORD is authority for me (my badge)
- the WORD is my protection from danger, risk, unpleasant experiences

The LORD, the Word, is that in which I glory :

- the WORD is that which I praise, worship, thank
- the WORD is beautiful to me, distinctive and above all other things and people
- the WORD is renound to me
- the WORD is worthy of honor
- the WORD is that in which I delight
- the WORD is that which brings me extreme joy

==========

Psalm 3 ...  the Lord (the WORD) sustained me.

sustained: 

- the WORD maintained me at a certain rate or level
- the WORD upheld me
- the WORD defended me
  
==========

Psalm 2 ...   Blessed are all they that put their trust in HIM.

When we choose to trust God, we are "blessed".  Trust is a choice.  We can choose to trust what we read in newspaper.  Or we can choose to trust what neighbor says.  Or we can choose to trust what God says.

This week, I went to lunch with a woman who is not yet born again.  She said:  "Things come in threes ..." (Superstition of humans) I replied:  "That is a saying of the world.  God did not say that."  She replied:  "I know that."  (But what she spoke is what she believes in her heart.)  I set it straight that I choose what God says as truth and not what the world says.  I do not choose to put myself under the curse of believing sayings of this world.  (And it is a curse for those who believe these superstitions of man will subconsciously think it has to happen to them and they will often be looking for it to happen and as a result will often even make it happen.)

Thus I "choose" to put my trust in what God says.  (If God didn't say it, then I'm not bound to it.)

And when we do that, we are blessed.

blessed means:   to have divine favor and protection

Psa. 3:8 ... 8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord (the WORD): Thy blessing is upon Thy people.

We are the people of God ... people chosen by God ... heirs of salvation.  As we live on this earth God watches over us as HIS people and "blesses" us, bringing divine favor and protection upon us as HIS own children by HIS WORD.

===========

Root meaning of trust is "strong" ... Be strong in the Lord and in the power of HIS might.  Eph. 6 ... means put your trust in the Lord ... The LORD / The Word ... Choose to put your trust in that which God has to say about the matter at hand. Cling to that which God says.