Friday, February 20, 2015

Psalm 19 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech,
and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
 

3 There is no speech nor language,
where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven,
and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
 

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul:
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart:
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever:
the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
 

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned:
and in keeping of them there is great reward.
 

12 Who can understand his errors?
cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins;
let them not have dominion over me:
then shall I be upright,
and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney

Psalm 19...1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
 

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

(the sun, the moon, the stars are everywhere)


4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. 

In them hath He set a tabernacle for the sun, 5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
 

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.


==========

I only saw my dad cry once.  He was in the hospital following a stroke and he began crying.  He explained he was worried about Tom (his brother).  He said he talked to Tom about God.  My dad said to him, "How can you not believe in God?  Look at all this."  My dad pointed to the sky and the earth.  Tom had been a farmer and certainly had seen such in raising crops. 

Romans 1 says the same thing.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The creation testifies of God.

All creation has seen witness of God for the heavens and the earth witness of God.

==========

Psalm 19:7

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul:
the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.



Once when visiting my mother's house, I opened the cabinet and saw some coffee mugs with zodiac symbols.

I had become a Christian shortly before this.

I took a sack and began putting the mugs into a sack.

My mother was watching me.  When she saw what I was about to do, she cried out:  "Stop ... I want to keep those mugs.  You gave me those mugs."

I paid no attention at all to her cries.

I took the sack with the Zodiac mugs to the alley behind her house and broke the mugs and threw them into the garbage.

When I returned to the house, I took a Bible and read the following scripture to my mother.

Deut. 18 ...

 9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord:and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners:but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

After hearing these words, my mother replied:  "Then I guess we'd better not do that any more."

All her life until that moment, my mother had read horoscope magazines.  When I was a child we would go into town and she would purchase the monthly horoscope magazine and read the horoscopes to me.

She was not a Christian.

But I think she was born again at the time I destroyed the horoscope mugs and read Deut. 18 to her.

After that, I received a letter from my uncle.  He said:  "Your mother has changed.  She has really changed."

==========


Psalm 19:8 ...The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart:
the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.


In 1982, in a dream, I had a vision that was terrible to see.  There was an established piece of land.  All of a sudden, one piece of land broke off and slid away.  Then another went.  Then another.  Then another.  And I heard these words:  "It will be alright through January, but in February it will break loose."

I didn't hear a year attached to this dream.  I told the dream on radio and we expected something big to happen in February, 1982.  But nothing big happened.


At that time I was on radio from coast to coast in USA and many people communicate by attending my meetings and by giving tithes and offerings.  I was among the "big time" ministers and was heading to "big time" myself.

After that February, people called me a false prophet and many left me.

I became smaller and smaller until finally I had stopped radio and was just communicating by writing with those remaining from the radio audience.

I didn't know what happened but I knew that dream with the vision was from God.  I thought it might happen in the future.

Recently I was telling the story of this February vision and my eyes were opened and I saw the February vision was foretelling of the falling away which happened to me when people left and called me a false prophet.

In fact, the vision was the very thing that was going to be used to cause the people to leave me.

God was getting me free from the "big time" ministry.

==========

It was very hard to go through at the time.  Today I truly rejoice that I am not one of the big ministers out there.  It is a very hard yoke ... more and more radio/TV ... need more and more money ... more and more travel and strain.


Even when I was on radio in 1982, and was traveling all over USA, I was becoming so famous that I couldn't register in my own name at hotels because had I done so the radio audience would not have left me alone.  It is like being a movie star in fame.  You are drained constantly by church people, and have to put up artificial barriers to keep the church people away from you for they think you can pray and get them something they cannot manage to get through their own prayers.

It is a terrible thing.

I am delighted to be free from all this.

==========


Psalm 19... 9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever:
the judgments of the Lord
(THE WORD) are true and righteous altogether.
 

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
 

11 Moreover by them (THE WORD) is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them (THE WORD) there is great reward.

God is so protective of me, giving me dreams to warn me, giving me words to show me the way to go, breaking people off me who would drain me needlessly and from people who would keep me weakened where I could not do the work of God as I desire to do and as I am appointed by God to do.

Yesterday I was working, writing out a Psalm and exhorting the church.  The phone rang.  It was a woman (who is not born again) who calls me from time to time to go to lunch with her.  I did not choose to answer the phone.  I wanted to continue in the exhortation I was writing for the church.

After I finished this exhortation, about 10 minutes later, I called this woman.  She did not answer the phone.  I assume she got busy and left her house and was with someone else.  She is a woman who has to fill every minute of her day with people and activities... "making every second count" as the world tries to do ...

I was so glad not to be talking with her for I wanted to continue in the Psalms and in the exhortations I was doing on computer.

Many years ago, my mother had the following dream about me.  I had come to see her and I was driving a very large white motor home and I was very protective of this vehicle.  I kept watching it and circling it and protecting it.  I believe that to be the work I have been given by God.  It takes a diligence to protect myself and that work, not to be drained and made ineffective by people.  Many people just want an audience.  They do not seek God, even church people are like this.  They just want to talk and would "eat me up" if I allowed it. And there are some people who want me to approve them.  They do not have the faith it takes to get their approval from God and they think if they tell me what they are doing and get my approval then their work will be okay.

God has shown me the following by HIS Spirit and has given me the following word over three specific people.

Psalm 14:4 ...  Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge?
who eat up my people as they eat bread,
and call not upon the Lord.


==========

Mt. 13 ...  44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.


It takes diligence to do the assignment given us by God and to focus on that assignment.  If possible, we would be eaten up by the problems people have and we would be destroyed without effect thinking we do a good work in helping them when all it did was consume us and keep us from the real work of God.


==========

Proverbs 3 ...

 13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,
and the man that getteth understanding.
14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver,
and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies:
and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.